Saturday, June 15, 2013

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

After a whirl-wind past couple of weeks that included co-teaching a permaculture design course, an unbelievable three day trip to the tribes of the Omo Valley, and an unexpected but lovely extra day in Konso, I've started my trek back north to Addis Ababa and the Bole International Airport. I'm currently in Awassa, enjoying internet that isn't ridiculously expensive, cold mango juice, and a beautiful evening on the lakeside, watching the monkeys play in front of my window.

I'm feeling so incredibly, incredibly blessed right now. The past few days have been beyond amazing, and it's been harder than I thought it would be to say good-bye to the wonderful friends I've made. Right at this moment, if someone said "Hey, I have a position open. You can stay in Ethiopia for another year." I'd say yes without even having to think about it. (That answer might change if I go another three days without a decent shower. Even the nicest hotel in Konso didn't have water.)

My flight leaves Addis in three days, and I only wish there were a way to spend those three days with friends, instead of travelling and wrapping up police bidniz here in Awassa.

See you on the flipside!

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels! Your folks will be getting home just a little before you do. I've enjoyed reading your posts - I hope you have more stories to tell us once you've settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your marathon flight goes well. See you on this end! Love you!

    ReplyDelete